EME2040 Blog Journal #5

 While, I have a Twitter(X) account, I have never really used it. In the past, some clubs that I have been apart of have used Twitter(X) to post updates/information. Therefore, I have used Twitter(X) to keep up to date with that information, but other than that, I have not used it. On the other hand, I have used Instagram for awhile. I regularly check posts on Instagram from my friends, celebrities, companies I am interested in, etc. I have found Instagram to be beneficial as it helps me keep up to date on what my friends are doing and what is going on in my community. I especially enjoy it as I have moved away from home and can use it to see what my long distance friends are doing. I do not foresee myself using Twitter(X) nor Instagram in my future career, as a school psychologist. However, some schools do have a Twitter(X) or Instagram account that I could follow to keep up to date with information.

The digital divide refers to the gap between those who do and do not have access to technology, especially in terms of the educational and societal impact of this disparity of access. The digital divide can put tjose will full access at a greater advantage than those with less access. Technology is growing more and more every day throughout our society. Those with less access may not be as prepared as others in the workforce. Some causes of the digital divide include one's level of income as technology is also becoming increasingly expensive, as well as access to the internet in general. As a teacher, I would work to understand what everyone's access to technology is and what their limitations are. I would try to impliment learning technological skills one may use in every day life as well as the work force within the classroom. I would not require access of internet in order to do my homework. I would also encourage open communication, so that I can continue to help and understand my students and what skills they need.

Two software tools I would like to implement in my future classroom include Canva and google docs. Canva is a free graphic design tool that allows one to contruct presentations, posters, infographics, logos, etc. There are so many opportunities for Canva to be used while also allowing students to be creative. I can also see Canva being used in a variety of ways in the work force. Google docs is another free software which allows the creation of documents, spreadsheets, and presentations online. Google docs is more school oriented and also allows for collaboration. I think both of these softwares are important for students to learn in the future!

Comments