EME2040 Blog Journal #4

 1. To talk about ELA technology standards, I selected grade 1 from the standards and technology matrices for ELA. One of the standards for grade 1 includes knowing and using various text features in order to locate key facts or information in a text. For example, a table of contents, glossary, headings, etc. Technology that can be used to help administer this standard includes online scavenger hunts for different text features, identification of text features on simple, kid-friendly websites, and grade-level appropriate online textbooks. I feel prepared to administer this standard based on my current skill set. I already have the knowledge and ability to use various text features to locate key facts or information in a text. I feel confident in being able to thoroughly explain how to use these features. I believe that implementing technology in order to practice this standard will be helpful and show which students will need extra help. 

2. To talk about the resources/tools in the CPALMS Educator Toolkit, I selected grade 1 mathematics. This website is super helpful for teachers as it not only breaks down different benchmarks fo this grade level, it also provides related courses and related resources. I looked at the MA.K12.MTR.2.1 standard and under related resources two videos were posted: perspective video expert and perspective video teaching idea. I think this resource would be especially helpful for beginning teachers. It gives ideas for concepts they may not have used before. I think it will also put perspective on how to teach concepts I may be unsure about. 

3. I think being a proficient internet searcher is very important as a teacher. Being a proficient internet searcher open so many resource opportunities. I was familiar with most of the internet searching skills introduced this week. The skill I feel the strongest about is advanced Google searching. I have had to use this in the past for school research projects. I have never used a reverse image search, but I have heard of it. I would say that reversed image searching is my weakest internet skill.

Comments